Seventy saint patrick

Tri333 Tri333

Seventy saint patrick

Hi there,

Seems this project is selling well despite the soft market. Wonder will you be doing a review on it and share your expert views?

Cheers
Folks@PropTalk Folks@PropTalk

Re: Seventy saint patrick

We are assuming this one is directed at us (if not, then paisei!).

Yes, the wife and I have read abut the good take-up rate for this project. And in terms of a review, we will certainly try to fit this into our "to view" list and provide you with our "less than expert" views.

Cheers!
Tri333 Tri333

Re: Seventy saint patrick

That's great ! Hope to hear from you soon =)
Tri333 Tri333

Re: Seventy saint patrick

Really  appreciate your review on the project but due to absd, seems this project is out of reach and we have decided to shift our interest to creek @ bukit instead. Since both are FH with one in D21 vs D15 ( psf creek shld be abt 150 to 200 cheaper), do u feel creek is a better buy ?

Folks@PropTalk Folks@PropTalk

Re: Seventy saint patrick

Your most welcomed. This is a project that the wife and I had wanted to visit anyway so your request just pushed it up a notch.

With regard to your question about 70 Saint Patrick's vs The Creek @Bukit, we feel that it is not exactly an "apple to apple" comparison despite their similarities (freehold, low-rise etc). Location is the main difference, as both are located at almost opposite side of the island. And in our (humble) opinion, the Marine Parade/East Coast area is still a tad higher on the "prime" scale than Toh Tuck.

While it may be true that the psf for The Creek may be lower, this should not be a deal breaker if it is the ABSD that you are most concerned about. Even if the difference in pricing between the 2 projects is $200psf and assuming an ABSD rate of 10%, the actual difference in additional ABSD payable is a mere $20psf. This translates to $40K more even if you are looking at a 2,000sqft apartment @70 Saint Patrick's. The increase is really not that significant when compared to the actual quantum and definitely not significant enough to move from 70 Saint Patrick's to The Creek just because of ABSD.

But that's just us.

Cheers!