New condo in Punggol

Mrs tan Mrs tan

New condo in Punggol

I am looking for a 4 bedroom condo in Punggol. My agent has recommended these 2 condo's & she has a website on both : River Isles and Parc Centros.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverislescondominium/

https://sites.google.com/site/parccentrospunggol/

River Isles location is not as good as Parc Centros but the price is $830psf compared to $950-$980. The difference is $120psf which I am not willing to pay base on the fact that they are 3 LRT stations apart. What is your opinion?
Folks@PropTalk Folks@PropTalk

Re: New condo in Punggol

Hi Mrs Tan,

We apologize for this rather late reply. We were hoping taht one of the other property marketing professionals in here will weigh in on a reply before we do, but seems like there is no taker.

The wife and I do not know the Punggol area well, so our "advice" (if you can call it that) is based purely on general perception.

Whether you choose one project or the other, especially if you are buying for your own stay, will mainly depend on your own personal considerations, e.g. convenience and affordability. For example, you may not take public tranbsport much so factor such as walking distance to the MRT station is not really an issue with you. If this is the case, you may be right to decide against paying the higher psf price.

However, we understand that Parc Centros is about a 5-min walk from Punggol MRT and the upcoming big mall, whereas River Isles is quite abit further away. This factor may come into play should you decide to sell your unit after a couple of years, as condo nearer to MRT/mall generally fetches a higher price in the resale market than those that are further away.

Hope that helps!