Good property near tao nan school.

Curl Curl

Good property near tao nan school.

dear sir, I am looking for a good property in the east area in view my kid's primary school at Tao nan in 2 years time. I am realistic n like big apartments with ample car park without the need for too fancy facilities. Most importantly it must be with 8 mind walk to mrt. I like developments like cassia view n looking for a minimum 3 bedroom of bat 130 Sam. I also hope to pay not more than $800 PDF. Any recommendations from you? Tks
Curl Curl

Re: Good property near tao nan school.

Sorry for typo. I mean 130 square meters n not more than $800 per square feet. Tks
Folks@PropTalk Folks@PropTalk

Re: Good property near tao nan school.

Hi Curl,

When you say your kid is going to primary school at Tao Nan in 2 years time, do you mean you are guaranteed a place in the school or do you need to depend on living within 1-km of the school? If it is the later, then we reckon developments such as Cassia View (Guillemard Road) is out as they are too far away from the school for you to be considered under phase 2C. Besides, we understand that units at Cassia View are currently transacting at more than $1,000psf.

The wife and I have never really liked the Guillemard Road area so we do not know much about condos located around there. And compared to Guillemard, we will much prefer condos around the Joo Chiat/Still Road/Telok Kurau area. Prices for the later have also appreciated substantially but we believe that some of the older developments may still be gotten at around $800psf. Unfortunately, we have nothing specific to recommend.

Sorry that we are of little help here but maybe some of our readers can offer better suggestions?

tks tks

Re: Good property near tao nan school.

Not sure if this answer is too late for you.

Go visit the school website or the Parent Support Group facebook page. To get into either Phase 2B or 2C, you need to be within 1 km of the school. And you also have to be balloted. Anything outside 1 km, you won't even get to ballot. And unless you had been actively volunteering in the school or SHHK, Phase 2B is out for you.

I don't think it will be possible for you to find any property that meets all of your requirements. If it is good, big and near, it cannot be cheap. If it is big, near and cheap, it cannot be good. etc etc. I used to stay in Lorong M Telok Kurau, so I think your best bet is one of those old walk up apartments with minimum facilities and a big shared carpark.
tasmin22 tasmin22

Re: Good property near tao nan school.

I will just find out and let you know.